Monday, June 22, 2009

Good-Bye to Silverstone Track.....



It is with great sadness that we have to say good-bye to the Silverstone Track, which will disappear for a while from the F1 Calender.



We thought it good to have a last 'farewell' race on this magnificent track, with its fast corners!
As per race regulations, a 30 lap race with 1 compulsory stop. The CTDP 2006 Mod to be used.



Qualifying went well with a best of 1.25.357 with 15 laps of fuel onboard, in P1.
The race started well and I was able to open a gap to 12 seconds.
I had a spin and lost a few seconds.



The pitstop went well and was able to join in P5. I made up more positions when the Safety Car was deployed on lap 21. While behind the safety car, i spun out and was promoted to the back of the grid! Ouch!!



The SC stayed out for 6 laps, slimming my chances to make up too many places. i finished in P13.
I enjoyed the race very much.

No comments: