Sunday, March 25, 2007

Race Day at Sepang, Malaysia - 24 March 2007



Welcome to Malaysia, and at the first race of the FSR WS Series.
It's a beautiful day, with track temperatures at 34 and humidity at 44 degrees.
Drivers will consume about 5 litres of fluid for the 28 lap race.

The competition was stiff, with Quali times started at 1.31.00

Marius managed to quali P6 in Qualy 1, with a time os 1.32 535 That is .203 off his PB.
With Parc Ferme rules in place, the Top 10 did a second quali. I qualied P4.

After the formation lap, the moments were tense before the start! 18 cars on grid!
Unfortunate for Riaan and Jaco of our Deltec Racing Team, the drivers could not join due to a technical internet connection problem beyond their control.

Race started. I had a bad start and down to P8. I made several positions up to P5, before my first pitstop on lap 15.

The second stint went ok, made a few mistakes which costed me P3. So the end result P4. I am happy with the result : - )

Some pics of Sepang race day...

No comments: